Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Senior Recital-Week 3

This week we worked on Va! again. I didn't realize how much I still was keeping my lips very neutral and that they weren't puckered enough.  I am getting really excited about this aria.  It has also been quite the adventure learning how to use my chest voice.  We started working on this concept last week as well.  I have had some opportunities in choir to implement the concept as well.  It's really new that I have the opportunity to actually work on some more complex concepts.  It's also really terrifying at the same time.  I am also trying to implement the darker vowels as well.  That's also crazy because I worked so long on finding the bright resonant sound.  It's all a mystery that I am working really hard on.

1 comment:

  1. I am REALLY excited about this aria....looking in a mirror will really help with the formation of the schwa rather than the neutral (uh) vowel. You nailed it right on the head---this is all a mystery. I am so excited that you are able to work on advanced technique and implement a lot of character nuances that you might not have been able to do a couple of years ago! All of the blood, tears, and sweat are finally paying off.

    ReplyDelete