Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Senior Recital-Week 9

This week we came back off of a four day break.  I am so frustrated because I wanted to be fully rested and have my voice feeling better.  Instead, I am really dry, still vocally tired, and have a cold on top of everything.  It's starting to upset me.

In lessons today we worked on trying to get the resonance of the voice right behind the teeth.  It is a concept that I think I have a grasp on, but I am going to have to work on it in practice time to really get it solidified.  I really think that it will make a world of difference in the Italian piece.  Now it's time to get busy. :)

1 comment:

  1. Kayla,

    Your pieces are getting to be pretty secure. We are almost there! I know you are not feeling well, but there are tons of things you can do to continue growth. Listen to your music---especially the nuance and style of each of the languages. Practice your facial expressions in a mirror (this if funny, but effective) while listening to each piece. A couple of things that will help you continue to grow while you are on the mend.
    Stay healthy!
    Dr. H.

    ReplyDelete