Monday, February 28, 2011

Lesson Week 6

Last week there was no lesson unfortunately.  I did have a really productive week actually.  I am really working on the forward buzz.  I am actually starting to figure it out.  It is so nice!  I am really noticing how helpful it is during musical rehearsal.  In Ramsey it is very dead and that is the only way that the voice will carry.  I also feel like it saves the voice.  When I participated in Seussical I was vocally tired all the time. Now, I feel like things are just getting better and it's really fantastic.

I also had a great week on recital.  I am so proud of myself for starting the semster with my french piece. Je pleaure en reve went well.  I  still need to make sure that the tongue and jaw stay completely out of the way, and that my lips stay relaxed, but overall I couldn't have been happier.

2 comments:

  1. I am SO glad to hear that you are carrying over the techniques learned in lessons to the Musical. You must be totally exhausted with all of the singing you are doing, but I can REALLY tell that your voice is much healthier in comparison to Seussical. Continue to practice in a mirror....I think the jaw could still use a little more relaxation by dropping it further.
    I am also VERY proud of your Je pleure en reve. It is going to be a NATS piece next fall, for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dr. Hepworth. You have no idea how much it means to me to have you say that. I am so thankful for your help, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete