Thursday, April 14, 2011

Voice Lesson-French Recital Day

So, today our lesson was short and sweet.  That is my fault completely.  Dr. Hepworth, I am so sorry that I was late.  I know I've told you that a few times already.  For being a short lesson though, I am happy with how it went.  I think that me french for tonight is going to go very well and I am excited to sing.  I am also excited that "I Can't be Talkin' of Love" went as well as it did since it is the first time Mr. Phil and I have rehearsed it together.  I was nervous because it was a Duke piece.  I still have a counting error that I need to work out, but it is a simple counting issue that I can work out myself. The space in the back of the mouth that we have been talking about works extremely well in this song too.

I have really been trying to work on the space in the back of the mouth while I am in choir and Mads. It is amazing how it all applies to each other.  It surprises me how often the soft pallet falls, even when we don't think that it is. Progress is happening.  All of the really tough semesters are paying off!  Yay team!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Kayla....no problem! Sometimes schedules don't work out---we definitely used our time wisely! I am really proud of the accomplishments you have made this semester....I am REALLY excited about your senior recital in the fall---we will have a chance to truly showcase your improvement! I agree....all of those super tough semesters have definitely paid off....we make an EXCELLENT team! Keep up the fine work, my dear.

    ReplyDelete