Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Lesson of the Egg in the Mouth

So today, my favorite phrase was, "think like you have an egg in the mouth".  It makes perfect sense because it symbolizes the space that we need to have in the back of the mouth as singers.  I am so so so happy that we are getting to learn new concepts now.  Just like spring we are getting to move on to new things.  I think the scariest thing for me right now is putting elements of my chest voice back in.  It's exciting none the less.  He's to progressing towards my senior recital!

Thank you Dr. Hepworth, you're amazing.  I apprecitate everything you do so much. I know I don't say that enough.

1 comment:

  1. YEA! What a great lesson today, Kayla. You have improved the MOST this past semester since I started with you three years ago! I am really excited for you to begin using that chest voice to your advantage....it will add a whole new element to your singing! AW....you are growing into a beautiful singer!
    I am so glad the "egg in the mouth" imagery is working....I stole that from a woodwind player....it makes perfect sense, in the fact that so much of our resonance sounds in the pharynx.
    Keep up the amazing work! And thank you for the kind words....it makes me feel like a million bucks!

    ReplyDelete