Thursday, March 31, 2011

Voice Lesson-Wednesday March 31, 2011

I just got done with an hour long lesson and it was really good!  I am really excited because we a finally to a point where we can work on some of the details and it is SO nice.  It was nice to be able to add elements of my chest voice, and to talk about working more on consonant sounds.  That is the trend with all of my repetoire right now-not enough consonants.  That is something that I am really striving to work on.  I have also been working on not rushing in my pieces and conducting in the practice room mirror.  The one downfall about today's lesson was that my voie was a little tired. It has been all week though due to recovering from the show.

Finally, I had a revelation on stage during the musical, and that was the big mouth. We talked about it in studio last Friday, and sometime during the show when I was singing with a huge mouth I thought. :Hey, this makes sense now!"  Yay for revelations. :)

1 comment:

  1. Great lesson today, Kayla! I really love it when elements begin to click together. You have made so many improvements...and your voice has been much healthier as a result. I know you were tired...take the rest of the day for as much vocal rest as possible....be aware of how you are using your voice. You will be surprised about what a difference it makes!
    As for rushing, think about using a metronome to keep your pieces even and steady....continue to conduct yourself, especially in the Schubert.
    Keep up the great work! Your Senior recital is going to be so much fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete